Friday, August 8, 2008

Cherries Jubilicious!


Butter? Good.
Sugar? Good.
Brandy? Good.

Fresh cherries? Good.

Paula Dean's Cherries Jubilee? Great!

That Paula Dean knows how to make a great dessert. I bought some fresh, organic, local cherries the other day for a gazillion dollars a pound so I really wanted to enjoy them and what better way than cooking them in butter, sugar and alcohol? Paula's recipe was great. I added a bit more alcohol and about 1/4 cup water to get a little more sauce out of it. I also cut the cherries in half and then mashed them a bit while heating them in the sauce. Serve over some good vanilla ice cream and you will have a little taste of heaven.

Paula's recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/paulas-cherries-jubilee-recipe/index.html

If you're interested in making this may I also suggest a cherry pitter. Oxo makes a great one and it can be used for olives too.



No comments: