Saturday, August 16, 2008

Nature's Great Healer


They say wheatgrass is "Nature's Great Healer" and "King of the Juices" because it's packed with so many nutrients and vitamins. I've been doing some research on wheatgrass lately and here are just a handful of the benefits:
  • Loaded with antioxidants
  • A great energizer
  • Rich in folic-acid (great for women of child-bearing age although they say you shouldn’t drink it while pregnant)
  • One of the richest sources of vitamins A, B, and C
  • Well known blood cleanser
  • Stimulates healthy tissue cell growth
  • Improves digestion & helps with weight control
  • Great detoxification agent
  • Helps prevent tooth decay

To get the full benefit of wheatgrass I imagine you’d need to make your own juice from fresh wheatgrass. I don’t know about you guys but that’s just not something I’m going to do. But looky-here what I found in the frozen section of the grocery store…. frozen packets of pure, organic wheatgrass by Evergreen. I’m sure you don't get as many health benefits in this frozen form but you are still getting a lot. One box down and I'm hooked.

www.evergreenjuices.com

No comments: