Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sedums, Succulents, Sempervivums Oh My!

I love mint julep cups as vases. They look great with any kind of flower or ... something different. The flowers at my friend Lynne's wedding were so fantastic, using various succulents intermixed with flowers. It looked incredible. It inspired me to try something different as a centerpiece. I filled mint julep cups with an array of Sempervivums, my favorite of these little succulent plants. I thought they gave great character to my table.

They are also wonderful in outdoor pots with sedums dribbling over the edge and look especially cute in beautiful strawberry pots (I like the bright green painted clay pots). They can thrive in almost any condition and mine have even survived a few Seattle winters. If you lack a green thumb I highly suggest trying these out because they require very little, if any, TLC.

No comments: