Monday, August 31, 2009

Bringing Me Back to Amalfi



A few years ago my husband and I spent some time along the Amalfi Coast. We rented a boat one day with some new friends we'd made and took a day trip out to Capri and then to a fabulous restaurant that sat alone in this tiny cove along the coast. Along with the most delicious feast of Italian pastas, salads, fish, antipasto plates and more, we were served pitcher after pitcher of white wine with fresh peaches.

I just came across this recipe for Chilled Peaches and White Wine on Orangette which reminded me of our trip and that fabulous afternoon in Amalfi. In the four years since our trip, I've made a few batches of white wine with peaches. Orangette's version is more about the peach than the wine but we prefer it the other way around. I can't indulge in glass after glass of this little taste of heaven (pregnant, remember?!) but I did allow myself one the other night. Who can resist with all these spectacular peaches every week at the market. Just another way to enjoy those juicy little gems!

No comments: