Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Guest Blogger Today - 30 Minute Dinner – Delicious and Easy!


My dear friend Lynne wanted to be a guest blogger today with some delicious and easy recipes. Fun to have a guest blogger. I need to do this more often. Any takers?!
.
Lynne says this chicken is similar to the Roasted Chicken Dijon I posted ions ago. I can't wait to try both of these. Thanks Lynne!
.
30 Minute Dinner – Delicious and Easy!

I work full time and Colleen is always encouraging me to use to make a meal plan on Sunday and do my grocery shopping for the week so I don’t have to figure out what we are eating on the commute home from work. I finally did it this weekend and had one of my favorite dinners last night – and literally, it was 30 minutes from prep to eating. The great thing about this dinner is that the green beans and the chicken have the same cook temp, so you can use the oven at the same time for both! I served with a side of cous cous and had leftovers for bringing my lunch to work. J

I always feel better when I cook a delicious and healthy dinner for my husband and I and this week’s meal planning are making that so much easier!

Parmesan Chicken

Recipe from Gourmet via Epicurious

3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
6 (5-oz) skinless boneless chicken breast halves – I use chicken breast tenders, they cook the quickest.
1 1/2 English muffins (not sandwich-size) – I substitute 1 cup of Panko
3/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1 1/2 oz)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.

Whisk together mustard, vinegar, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl and add chicken breasts, tossing to coat well.

Pulse English muffins in a food processor until finely ground. Add cheese, butter, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and pulse until combined well. Transfer to a shallow soup plate or pie plate.

Dredge chicken, 1 piece at a time, in crumbs, coating completely and pressing gently to help crumbs adhere, then transfer to baking sheet. Bake in middle of oven until golden brown and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes (with the tenders, check at 15).

Roasted Green Beans with Garlic
Recipe from Bon Appetite via Epicurious


1 pound green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced

Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss green beans with olive oil on large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until browned and almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle beans with garlic, salt, and pepper; toss to combine. Continue roasting until beans are tender, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to bowl.

2 comments:

Lynne Shutt said...

Yaaaaaay!!!! Thanks for posting!! That just put a big smile on my face. :)

Anonymous said...

Good Job Lynne! Love your guest blog!!! And that dinner looks fantastic - MARLY