Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Best Popcorn

. Photo courtesy of 101 Cookbooks


My husband makes the best popcorn ever and just when I thought it couldn't get any better, he took it to a whole new level. He had flipped through a popcorn cookbook and next thing I knew he was on a popcorn kick, mixing it up and making multiple batches with different seasoning combinations in a single night. I am loving the parm and pepper popcorn that he made recently. Best I've ever had, hands down. Here's the gist...

In a small bowl, combine 3 T parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon each of red pepper flakes, kosher salt, pepper, and paprika. Pop organic (corn is one the most genetically modified foods) popcorn in a large pan on stove top with canola oil. Transfer popcorn to a paper bag. Drizzle with 3 T olive oil and shake the bag. Sprinkle with the seasoning mixture and shake again. Serve with a tasty cold beverage and enjoy.

No comments: