Tuesday, July 17, 2012

White Sangria


We had our second annual summer fiesta this past weekend and once again, the white sangria was the hit of the party. I made extra this year and we still blew through it. Then the bartenders used all the white wine to make more on the fly and we blew through that. Then I sent my sister to the store for more white wine to make more and we even blew through that. Have I convinced you that it's good?

A great cocktail to whip up for your next party or BBQ. It's best when you make it the night before and it's one less thing you have to worry about.

Terpening Summer Fiesta White Sangria

4-6 cups chopped cantaloupe
4 cups pitted cherries (I used Rainier because I liked the color)
2 oranges, sliced thin
3 lemons, sliced thin
4-5 bottles white wine (I use pinot grigio)
1.5 containers frozen lemonade concentrate
1/2 - 1 cup triple sec

Combine everything but the triple sec in a large container and let sit overnight. The day of, add the triple sec. Serve over ice with a scoop of fruit and a festive stir-stick.

Cheers!

No comments: