Sunday, July 13, 2008

Delicious Healthy Cookies


A friend found this recipe in an airplane magazine of all places. I am addicted. Three of these in the morning with my homemade americano and I am a happy girl. I add flaxseed to the recipe so I can pretend they are extra healthy cookies. Bon appetite!

1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup extra-light olive oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 t flaxseed
Pinch of salt

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Put the oats in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, then pulse until the oatmeal is broken up into small pieces. Add the flour and process. Next, add the walnuts, oil, maple syrup, and salt and run the food processor until well-mixed. Drop the batter onto a large cookie sheet, a generous tablespoon per cookie. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove cookies and cool on a plate.

Makes about 15-18 cookies.

No comments: