Sunday, July 13, 2008

Favorite Childrens Books (one year in)

I so enjoy reading books with my daughter each day. As I'm sure you have experienced, it gets old reading the same old boring books with the lame messages and less than exciting illustrations. These are some of the books that I really enjoy. I first read about some of these on the Babyccino blog when they wrote about the Booktrust's Top 10 Best New Illustrators exhibit (http://babyccinoblog.com/?p=842).


My daughter reading Iggy Peck, Architect


Iggy Peck, Architect (our current fave, the illustrations are amazing!)
by Andrea Beaty and David Roberts

The Incredible Book Eating Boy
by Oliver Jeffers

Slow Loris
by Alexis Deacon

Penguin
by Polly Dunbar

Ruby's Wish
by Shirin Yim and Sophie Blackall

Yum Yum Dim Sum
by Amy Wilson Sanger

I Like It When
by Mary Murphy

Is There Really A Human Race?
by Jamie Lee Curtis and Laura Cornell

Charley Harper ABC's
by Charley Harper

No comments: