Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Few Of My Favorite Things ... In The Kitchen

Favorite Cookware - Where oh where would I be without my Le Creuset 5 quart braiser. I use this cast-iron pot for EVERYTHING. It was a wedding gift (thank you Chows!) and I literally don't leave home without it (we lugged it down to LA with us for one month. crazy? yes, that's me!)Favorite Knife - J.A. Henckels Santoku knife (watch your fingers)

Favorite Chef / Favorite Cooking Show / Favorite Cookbook - Ina Gartner, Barefoot Contessa, Barefoot Contessa at Home (#1 fan! can you tell?)




Favorite Cooking Utensil - endless supply of wooden spoons and these Le Creuset silicone basting brushes. They are great for rubbing olive oil on bread for crostini, chicken on the barbee and so much more. I always hated the loose brissles on the traditional basting brushes. The product development staff over at Le Creuset must have to!


Favorite Electronic - Breville 800ESXL Die-Cast Espresso Maker. I have paid for this bad boy several times over. I still can't convince my husband to switch over from his morning Starbuck stops to take advantage of his own little barista.Favorite Wine Glasses - there's not much better than a crystal wine glass that can go in the dishwasher. Did someone say dishwasher? I say sold! I wasn't crazy about the look of them at first but now they are my go-to glasses.


Favorite Chef's Trick & Treat -
Trick: I use a Cuisinart Grind Central Coffee Grinder strictly for black peppercorns





& Treat: I keep them next to the stove in a marble swivel top container (along with kosher salt). It's so great to have freshly ground black pepper already ground when you're a frantic cook like I am.


No comments: