Friday, August 1, 2008

The Blessing of a Skinned Knee




I had the privilege of seeing Dr. Wendy Mogel speak at Town Hall in Seattle. She was amazing and I was frantically taking notes during her lecture so I could remember all the things I wanted to share with my husband. I couldn't buy and read her book fast enough. Her book, "The Blessing of a Skinned Knee: Using Jewish Teachings to Raise Self-Reliant Children" is wonderful. I am not Jewish but found that Dr. Mogel's theories and lessons could transcend all religions if you value her style and approach to parenting. I believe this is a book I will read again and again as I raise my own child(ren) and run into all the challenges big and small that lie ahead. I highly recommend this book as a thought-provoking and wise parenting book.

I would love to hear about parenting books that others like so please post your faves!!!


No comments: