Friday, August 29, 2008

Eating Organic - The Dirty Baker's Dozen

As many of you are probably already aware, some foods are more contaminated with pesticides than others. "They" have compiled a list of the most contaminated fruits and vegetables called "The Dirty Dozen". I have seen two versions of the list so I compiled my own list called "The Dirty Baker's Dozen". (Genius, I know! I love the pun. I even considered "The Baker's Dirty Dozen" but that's just not right.) Anyway, lettuce and raspberries are the items that vary so they are both on my list. As we all know, the cost of food is skyrocketing right now so buying organically is especially pricey these days. If you aim to buy some organic produce though, here is the best place to splurge.

Fruits
Apples
Cherries
Grapes, imported
Nectarines
Peaches
Pears
Raspberries
Strawberries


Vegetables
Bell peppers
Celery
Potatoes
Spinach
Lettuce


You can find more information on The Dirty Dozen here:
http://www.thedailygreen.com/print-this/healthy-eating/Dirty-Dozen-Foods

No comments: