Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Miscellaneous Tidbits

My friend Tara just sent me a great blog the other day called The Cleaner Plate Club. I had planned on spending that evening zoning out to my weekly tv indulgence, The Rachel Zoe Project (it's crazy but I love it), but I couldn't stop reading this new blog. I love how much the writer hearts Michael Pollan because I am also a huge fan (I'm going to see him speak at the end of October! Yay!!!!). I found this cool link on her site to the Daily Green's post on 30 Ways to a Greener Healthier Diet. Check it out!

On another note, I noticed on The Cleaner Plate Club site that a reader wrote in asking about bok choy recipes. I have a recipe of my own that I thought I would share because it is oh-so-good and very easy. I like to serve this with my chicken-rice recipe and I use some of the bok choy sauce for the rice. There is nothing like white rice with lots of good sauce in my opinion. I could eat that all night long. This is also a great way to get some more leafy greens into your diet!

C's Bok Choy

4 bunches baby bok choy
2 T olive oil
3 or 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 T ginger, thinly sliced
freshly ground pepper
¼ t red chili flakes
2 cups chicken stock
2 T soy sauce

Saute ginger and garlic in olive oil on medium heat. When it's almost done, add bok choy leaves, red chili flakes and pepper, and saute on high for a few minutes, stirring to cook evenly. When bok choy is almost cooked, pour in soy sauce and chicken stock and bring to a low boil. Turn heat down to medium and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes (when bok choy is completely cooked). Serve with white rice. Spoon sauce over rice.

No comments: