Saturday, October 25, 2008

Perfect Weekend Breakfast



I'm on a bit of a pancake craze so I'm trying all sorts of recipes... buckwheat banana pancakes, banana sour cream pancakes, orange ricotta pancakes. This morning I made the orange ricotta pancakes from Everybody Likes Sandwiches and they were deeeeeeeelicious. I loved the sour cream jam with them too. Great flavor. They were a little taste of heaven and oh so easy! Perfect weekend breakfast for the family.

Orange Ricotta Pancakes
Everybody Likes Sandwiches

1 ¾ c ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1/4 c sugar
zest of 1 large orange
1 t vanilla
2/3 c flour
butter

In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ricotta, eggs, sugar, zest and vanilla. Gently fold in the flour.
.
Melt butter over medium-high heat in a cast iron frying pan or griddle. Add a large tablespoon of batter for each pancake, slightly smoothing over the tops. Cook for 4 minutes per side. Serve with fruit preserves (I love sour cherry jam).

No comments: