Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Popcorn & a Movie

.
One thing I do love about the rainy Seattle weather (although it's sunny and beautiful today so this doesn't really apply) is that you can hunker down and watch movies on gloomy weekends and not feel like a lazy bum. Who wants to venture out when it's pouring outside and there's popcorn and a cozy couch waiting for you? My husband makes the most delicious popcorn on earth. I eat it because I turn away when he adds the butter. If I saw with my very own eyes that he puts a cube of butter on a single batch of corn (not to mention all the vegetable oil that he starts with) I might not be able to eat it with such enjoyment. I pretend I don't know since I didn't actually witness it. He also seasons it up real nice with salt and fajita salt. Sometimes I skip the fajita salt and use pepper and parmesan cheese. That is quite delicious as well and a quick fix if you're using microwave popcorn and want to jazz it up.

Some of my favorite movies for rainy days:
- Kramer vs Kramer
- A Room with a View
- The Royal Tenenbaums
- True Romance
- Best in Show
- Fargo
- Old School
- The Graduate
- Elizabeth
- Everyone Says I Love You
- Wall Street

Documentaries worth seeing:
- Born Into Brothels
- Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
- Deliver Us from Evil
- The Fog of War
- Shut Up & Sing
- Supersize Me
- Riding Giants
- Spellbound
- Capturing the Friedmans
- Children Underground
- Jonestown: The Life and Death of Peoples Temple
- The Kid Stays in the Picture
- King Corn (haven't seen yet but dying to see it soon)

Another thing I like to do is work my way through the movies that won or were nominated for Best Picture. The Academy Awards website has a complete list of all the movies nominated for Best Picture by year, with the winner denoted.

No comments: