Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thai Massage - It's a Wonderful Thing

My friend Whitney has been raving about Thai massage for the longest time. Being the procrastinator that I am, I have always wanted to try it but never got around to calling, until of course I heard the woman she goes to was moving at the end of the month to Argentina to study tango. Well that put the fire under my @$$ and I called that day. I had my first Thai massage a few days later and it was A-MAZ-ING. I'm totally sold and will definitely be going to her regularly when she returns. It is a combination of massage and stretching and has been called "lazy man's yoga" because of the stretching and focus on breathing. You leave refreshed and energized whereas sometimes a typical massage leaves you sleepy and flat.

I went to Grainne at
Seattle Thai Massage, who is gone for several months but returning next year. She is also trained in Chinese medicine and discusses your ailments, diet, overall health and wellness and offers suggestions. I absolutely loved it and left with some new strategies for dealing with personal health issues. My friend also went throughout her pregnancy and said it really helped with those third trimester aches and pains. Good to know for pregnancy numero deux.

Do a little research for a masseuse specializing in Thai Massage in your neck of the woods. You won't be sorry!

No comments: