Sunday, October 12, 2008

Veggie Sannie Week


I'm not much of a salad person but I am most definitely a sandwich person. I use to eat any kind of sandwich you put in front of me but as I get older and am more in tune with how food makes me feel, I have a really hard time eating deli meat. It must be all that sodium, the nitrates and preservatives, MSG, and other chemicals they add. Every time I eat it I swear it will be the last. Anyway, because I love sandwiches so much, I have to get creative. This past week I've been on a veggie sandwich kick. I have to eat them with Kettle lightly salted potato chips. I know it's weird I will eat the chips but don't get close to me with that slice of turkey. I am the first to admit my craziness! Anyway, it's a tasty sannie and a great way to mix it up and get some veggies into your diet.

I just did a little googling to see what exactly is in the deli meat and found an article from the food editor of the Today show... "The 5 things you need to know about deli meats".

Veggie Sandwiches
A good hearty wheat bread
Cream cheese
Italian dressing
Cucumber
Tomato
Red pepper
Red onion

Avocado
Endive
Provolone


So good!

No comments: