Thursday, January 8, 2009

Currently Listening To...


While home sick one day about a year ago, I watched the movie La Vie En Rose about the tragic life of legendary French "chanson" singer Edith Piaf.
I'm a sucker for a great film biography that tugs at your heartstrings so I really enjoyed this movie.
.
Edith Piaf's powerful voice won her global recognition. I recognized some of her music in the movie and some of it was new to me. I loved it all. I ordered her CD "Eternelle: Best of" and listen to it in my car all the time.
.
Another highlight of the film was the performance by the stunning Marion Cotillard who plays the lead role as Edith Piaf. Her performance won her an Oscar for Best Actress in 2008. I was thrilled to see her win.
.
Great movie. Great CD. I recommend them both.
.

No comments: