Monday, June 8, 2009

Farmer's Market Dinner


Lots of new things have been popping up at the farmers market... broccoli, zucchini, baby bok choy, strawberries, and more. I loaded up on Sunday for the week and am having fun making my way through everything. Last night we had a dreamy dinner... healthy, light, flavorful, and easy - using halibut, broccoli, lettuces and dressing from the market.

Halibut
Nothing like some fresh-caught halibut for this great recipe: Braised Fish with Fennel & Tomato. And it doesn't get easier than this... boil some stuff, simmer, add fish, simmer, done. I am crazy for the blend of flavors. The sauce is so light and flavorful and great spooned over rice.

Broccoli
I got some of the season's first broccoli at the market and boy was it good. I use Giada's recipe for Sauteed Broccoli Rabe a lot when making broccoli. I could eat this daily. There is something about the mix of garlic, pinenuts and raisins that make taste buds very very happy.

Red & Green Romaine, Butter Lettuce, Caesar Salad Dressing
Same salad that I have been making every night... toss with shaved parmesan, a touch of lemon juice and the most delicious caesar dressing from the ladies of Honey! I'm Home!

Brown Rice
I cook it with chicken stock instead of water. It's delicious and a perfect side for this meal because it's great with both the broccoli and the fish.

No comments: