Monday, July 27, 2009

Light & Refreshing


My friend Lynne bought me some Flora Berry tea from Remedy Teas on Capitol Hill in Seattle. She thought I would enjoy it as iced tea on these hot hot days. I wasn't sure what the best way to make iced tea from loose tea would be so I gave the store a call and the guy who answered was so helpful. He gave me three methods for making iced tea. He also recommended using some agave sweetener with the Flora Berry tea I was using to bring out the lavender flavor. I had purchased some agave nectar from Dr. Tea's Tea Garden in LA so I was finally able to use it.

The tea only took a few minutes to make and I have a few servings for lunches this week. The perfect light and refreshing beverage for these hot days.

I had fun looking over Remedy's list of teas. They have quite the selection. I am loving the Flora Berry and can't wait to try more.

The method I used for making iced tea:

Bring 5 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add 5 T loose tea. Let steep for 15 minutes (anywhere from 5-30 minutes is great). Stir in a few teaspoons of agave nectar. Strain through a fine seive and chill. Serve over ice.

No comments: