Monday, August 17, 2009

Farmers Market Breakfast - Bagel Sannies


My favorite part of the week is sleeping in (a tiny bit) on the weekends and then having the morning with "the twins" (my husband and daughter look exactly alike so I call them the twins). I love making breakfast for my family and then we usually head off to do something fun with the little one. This weekend, my hubby took the little lady to one of her favorite places... "the bagel store". While they were gone, I prepped the rest of the food for some bagel breakfast sandwiches. They were so easy and so good served with a delicious latte and orange juice.

From the store:

Sesame bagels, sliced and toasted
Cheddar cheese, grated

From the farmers market:

Eggs, scrambled
Bacon, cooked Ina-style
Tomato, sliced - optional

Nowadays I only cook bacon Ina-style... Preheat oven to 400. Spread bacon out in a single layer on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet and cook for 15-25 minutes. When bacon is done, increase oven temp to broil. Place toasted bagels open faced on a cookie sheet. Top with cheddar cheese. Place in oven for a minute or two to melt the cheese. Remove and top with scrambled eggs and bacon. I added a few slices of a fresh tomato and a sprinkle of fresh pepper to mine. It was delicious.

1 comment:

Lynne Shutt said...

If i bring bagels tomorrow morning, can i come for a sannie?