Thursday, August 27, 2009

Gobble Gobble Seattleites!

.
My friend Ali (and Food Editor of Seattle Magazine) highly recommends the heritage turkeys from Tom at Meadowwood Organics. She said he hand-plucks the turkey a day before you pick it up, the bird is never frozen and that you really can taste the difference!

And for all you Barbara Kingsolver fans, Meadowwood Organics has the Bourbon Red heritage turkeys that our inspiration writes about in her book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.

Ali also added that the farm (and the drive out to Enumclaw) is gorgeous. I don't host Thanksgiving but I might have to take a little drive and get a turkey for another day.

And if you don't live in the greater Seattle area, check out your local farmers market to see if any farmers are taking orders for turkeys. I've been seeing signs at the market I frequent so it's time to get your name on a list if you want one.

No comments: