Monday, August 24, 2009

Hostess Gift


My friend Lynne hosted a brunch for a few of our friends to celebrate the baby boy in my belly. She's a tough one to buy for so I wasn't sure what to get as a hostess gift. She's getting more and more into cooking (and becoming quite the good cook!) so I thought a cooking themed hostess gift was in order. I decided to get her some of my favorite things that I use in the kitchen. I thought it turned out pretty darn cute. The gift included:
.
- A cute apron from William Sonoma (since Lynne is like me and ruins a lot of shirts while cooking)
- Olive Wood wooden spoon (one of Giada's favorite cooking tools)
- Microplane grater (I use mine almost daily)
- Wooden lemon reamer (great when you a small amount of lemon juice)
- Mini whisk (I use mine for mixing small amounts of sauce or dressings)
- What to Eat pad (since I'm always pushing Lynne to make a weekly meal plan)
.
I asked Lynne to do a guest blogger post about the brunch she served because the food was delicious so stay tuned for that!

No comments: