Thursday, September 24, 2009

Making Leftovers Shine

I love love love leftovers. I love being able to eat good food that only took minutes to prep. Last night I made the Chicken Dijon that I love so much and of course I made extra for today. So then I wondered how I could make today's leftovers go from a good meal to a great meal in a few minutes time. While at the store, I grabbed a jar of Middle Earth Organics Tomato Sauce with Olives and Capers, some fresh noodles and some fresh mozzarella.

I warmed up the sauce in a pan while I brought the water to a boil for the noodles. The noodles took 2 minutes to cook, so while I cooked those, I heated the chicken in the microwave. Toss the noodles and the sauce, top with some cut up mozzarella and serve alongside the chicken. Such a delicious lunch (or dinner) in less than 10 minutes.

One reason the lunch was so good was the tomato sauce. I don't buy a lot of jarred sauces but this one was fantastic. It tasted like a homemade sauce! I will definitely be buying more to have on hand for when I need a quick meal. The fresh noodles and fresh mozzarella also jazz up your basic "noodles and sauce".

No comments: