Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall Sippers


There is something so comforting about a hot cup of tea on a crisp fall night. When the weather gets cold, and during the holidays, there is something extra special about MarketSpice Cinnamon-Orange Tea. The flavor captures the essence of the holidays in my opinion - probably since I've been drinking it throughout the holidays year after year. I've given a box of this as stocking stuffers in the past and I always make sure to have a box on hand for myself.

Another delicious hot beverage I enjoy is Russian Tea. It's sweet and comforting and perfect to sip while watching your favorite fall shows (Mad Men, The Rachel Zoe Project & The Office pour moi). I used to make this blend and package it in cute glass containers to give in holiday baskets. Now I just make chex mix or cookies for holiday treats but I still always make a batch of Russian Tea for my hubby and me.

Russian Tea

2 cups sugar
2 cups Tang
1/2 cup unsweetened Lipton ice tea
1 envelope lemonade mix
1/4 t cloves
1/2 t cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together and store in a cute glass jar or container. When ready to enjoy, put a few teaspoons in a mug and top with hot boiling water. Stir and allow to cool. Get cozy and sip.

1 comment:

e.e. said...

i too am a huge fan of cinnamon orange tea! you are right that it totally says "the holidays are here!" thanks for the reminder to go out and get me some....