Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Room with a View

.
One of my all-time favorite places for lunch in Seattle is Matt's in the Market. They consistently offer a well rounded menu and fantastic food. I love the vibe in the restaurant - it's lively and loud - and there's always an eclectic lunch crowd.

I generally need the waiter to help me choose between a few enticing items on the menu. I usually order whatever pork sandwich they're offering that day but last week, while on a lunch date with my husband, I got talked into the grilled cheese with gruyere, provolone and tomato jam served with a side of San Marzano tomato soup for dipping. "You must dip," my waiter insisted with a little twinkle in his eye. It may have been the best grilled cheese I've ever had and the "dipping" knocked it out of the park. I loved it.

My husband tackled the breaded pork schnitzel sandwich. It was huge, hearty and delectable. We started our meal with clams with chorizo and toasted our little lunch date with white wine. I couldn't have asked for a better lunch, except maybe room for dessert.

The restaurant sits above the Pike Place Market so the view is lovely. After you eat, you can take a little stroll through the market to ease those full bellies. Whether you live in Seattle or are just visiting, I highly recommend Matt's for a perfect little lunch date with that someone special or a few great friends. Reservations recommended.

1 comment:

Marly Eiford said...

You two are just adorable! Love it. I want to go there again with you next time I am home!!! Miss you.