Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pump It Up

.
Now that I'm 9 weeks postpartum, I'm trying to figure out a good workout regime to get me motivated and sticking with it. I tried my first Bar Method class at the new studio in Redmond. It was quite the different experience. It's so stinkin' tough and you cramp up almost instantly. The interesting thing is that you don't sweat and you walk out of there feeling like you haven't even worked out. But then it hits you. I was sore within hours and the whole next day.

Check out the website to read more about the science behind this relatively new technique that claims to give you a leaner, firmer, sculpted body. They have quite the cult following which says something about the results people are seeing.

I also finally tried the Tracy Anderson Mat Workout video that I've owned for over a year and never even removed from the case. It's too bad I waited all this time because I actually really liked the workout and could have been doing it throughout my pregnancy. I have to be honest that I've never made it through the whole video because one or both of my two napping children always wake up, but I like the portion I've done.

I also watched a few minutes of the Tracy Anderson Connect video to see what that was all about. The treadmill workout looked pretty fun. Even though I just watched a few minutes of the demo, with no volume on my speaker (so I had no idea what she was saying), the moves looked easy enough and fun so I tried it. I loved it. What a fun way to mix up your cardio workout and do some new exercises on the treadmill. One of these days I will buy her treadmill workout so I know what the heck she's saying and can do it accurately.

I also hear that CrossFit has a huge following of people who swear by the workouts and the results they're experiencing. I'm worried it's too hard core for me, but always fun to try something once and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did cross fit for a few weeks and although I would get a great work out it was really hard on my joints! Maybe I didn't give it enough time but I was so nervous I was going to throw my back out or get injured. The Bar class sounds really fun though!

Rose