Monday, March 8, 2010

Lunch: Five Minute Veggie Fried Rice

.
I'm turning into my mother...

It was time for lunch one day and I had leftover white rice from the previous night's dinner. I didn't want to waste it and needed lunch for my daughter so I decided to make a quick veggie fried rice. It took less than five minutes and she gobbled it up. I liked it too and made it for myself a few days later with more leftover rice. It's not going to knock your socks off but it's one of those things to have in the back of your head when you have leftover rice. You can also add leftover pork, chicken, prawns, peas, broccoli, carrots or anything else that sounds good.

Five Minute Veggie Fried Rice for One

1 egg
1 cup white rice
1 T butter
1 T soy sauce
1 T chopped green onion
toasted sesame seeds

Melt butter in a non-stick skillet. Beat egg and add to pan. Cook for a second, continuing to stir. Add rice to pan and stir until egg is starting to cook/scramble and rice is heated. Add soy sauce and green onion. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.

No comments: