Thursday, April 15, 2010

Simple Salad

.

My heart goes pitter-patter at the site of a croque monsiuer or croque madame. J'adore. But while reading over this recipe in Elle Decor, something else caught my eye. Salad dressing with walnut oil? Very interesting, I thought. I must try. And I did. And... j'adore!

I changed my weekly meal plan and had this salad the last two nights along with our main dishes. It's refreshing, light and a burst of new flavor.

Simple Frisee Salad with Radish and Walnut Oil Vinaigrette

Frisee
Radish, sliced thin
4 T walnut oil
3 T white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar (I used a bit of both)
2 T shallot
Salt & pepper

Rinse frisee and rip or cut large pieces into a few smaller ones so they're manageable on the plate. Add sliced radish. Put oil, vinegar and shallot in a jar and shake vigorously in a jar. (Salad dressing is a rough estimate since I didn't measure anything.) Toss over salad. Add fresh ground pepper and a pinch of salt. Toss more and serve.

No comments: