Friday, April 30, 2010

Yum: Chicken with Mushrooms and Artichokes Over Pasta

.
My friend Tara made Pioneer Woman's Chicken with Mushrooms and Artichokes and highly recommended it. As only a crazy person would do, I made it Wednesday night, in addition to all the other things I planned to make for dinner (Greek chicken and potatoes, asparagus and salad). It was kind of gross how much food there was (we did have one guest over) but it was all so good and provided lots of leftovers. This dish involves a little time to prep everything but then it's easy as can be to make. Next up to try is her Asian Noodle Salad which Tara also raved about.
.
That night I also learned a new salad dressing for the Salad with Goat Cheese & Pear. My friend Marly whipped this up and it was perfect for that salad. I'm never going to get sick of that salad with all these different vinaigrettes to make.
.
Marly's Vinaigrette
.
2-3 T apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 T syrup
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 t dijon
squeeze of lemon juice
touch of salt
freshly ground black pepper
.
Put everything in a jar and shake vigorously to combine.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Too funny! I'm picturing mountains of food!
t.