Saturday, July 24, 2010

Looooooooola... L-O-L-A... Looooooooola

.
My friend Marly was raving about brunch at Tom Douglas' Lola. I'd never been for brunch and when I hear "best brunch in town" come out of a friend's mouth, I find a way to get there, fast. I had one of the most fantastic meals I've had for brunch in a very long time: salmon kebab with tarragon and capers served with warm pita bread, tzatziki, Jackie's Greek salad and smashed garlic fried potatoes. I was in heaven moving around the plate, making my perfect little bites until the plate was wiped clean. Delish. My husband's eggs benny was also fantastic piled high with Bavarian meats ham and dill hollandaise.

Last week at the farmer's market I got extra salmon from Wilson Fish for Broiled Salmon in Parchment Paper. The plan was to recreate the Lola brunch with the leftovers. I went to Vios for their incredible homemade tzatziki and some pita. I warmed the pita under the broiler until it was a little crisp, then ate it with the tzatziki and salmon, savoring every little perfect bite (tzatziki on pita in the left hand, salmon on fork in the right hand). It wasn't Lola, but it was still a little bit of heaven and is back on the menu this week.

No comments: