Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Simple & Quick Dinner: Asian Salmon

.
Last night I decided to switch it up and make a new salmon recipe. My friend Michelle who posts her weekly meal plans on her blog, Conrad Family Weekly Dinners, has made Ina's Asian Grilled Salmon
multiple times so I figured it was worth trying. We don't have a BBQ at the moment so I did a little Googling for other Asian salmon recipes to see other preparations. I came across this recipe for Asian Salmon adapted from Ina's. I further adapted this one by broiling it in parchment paper since I'm used to that cooking method. I served it with white rice and broccoli. It was delicious and easy. I will make it again for sure. I adjusted the sauce a bit since I posted this recipe so I'd have more to spoon over white rice. I'm a sucker for white rice with sauce. It makes the world a better place.

Asian Salmon

1-1 1/4lb salmon fillet, skin on
1 T plus 1 t Dijon mustard
4 T good soy sauce
6 T good olive oil
2 large cloves garlic, minced
Chives, thinly sliced

Turn oven to broil.

Put the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, and garlic in a large Ziploc and rub together with hands on the outside to combine. Add salmon to the bag and toss to make sure the whole fillet is covered in sauce. Let sit for 20 minutes. Lay out a piece of parchment paper. Set the fillet on it and then pour the sauce from the Ziploc bag over the fillet. Top with another sheet of parchment paper and fold the edges to create a little pocket. You don't want the air to get out so it will steam the fish. Place parchment pocket on a cookie sheet and place in the preheated oven for 8 minutes (longer if using a bigger fillet). Remove and let sit for a few minutes. Fish will continue to cook. Transfer fish to a plate and pour liquid from parchment pocket over the top. Garnish with chives and serve.

1 comment:

michele c said...

you need a BBQ! This recipe is so good with the smoky grill flavor! :)