Monday, November 15, 2010

Perfect Sunday Supper

. .




Last night my friend Marly and I made the MOST delicious new chicken dish courtesy of Food 52. The dish was Chicken with Creamy Dijon Mustard Sauce and it is a keeper. It's good enough to serve for a dinner party in my opinion. I should add that part of what made the dinner so good (for me) was serving it with white rice topped with more of the creamy Dijon mustard sauce. You know I'm a sucker for white rice with sauce.

Marly brought over a delicious salad from our fave cook Ina: Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette. The salad was fantastic. Even my husband, who doesn't love butternut squash, gobbled it up.

All in all, it was a perfect Sunday supper for a cold fall night. Give these recipes a try. I promise they won't disappoint.

For the chicken: We followed the recipe to the tee except one itty bitty change because it's habit for me... I rinsed the chicken, patted it dry, and seasoned with salt and pepper at that time (versus doing salt and pepper later in the sauce).

No comments: