Saturday, March 5, 2011

Green Juice Smoothie

.

Photo credit: Honest Fare


I was in a chatty mood at Whole Foods the other day and got to talking with the cashier and bagger. We ended up trading our favorite smoothie recipes and one of theirs had ginger and lemon in it. Veeeeeeeeery interesting. I've never put those ingredients in a smoothie before. I had to try it so I gave it a whirl this morning to go with our Eltana bagels. I loved it, my husband liked it and the kids wouldn't touch it (it is green after all). I'll definitely make it again for myself.
.
I changed it a teense. His recipe was just kale but I had spinach, chard, and parsley in the fridge so I figured what the heck.

Ginger-Apple-Greens Juice Smoothie

1 cup water
1 cup apple juice
1 whole apple, cored and chopped into big chunks
1" ginger, peeled
juice of one lemon
small handful parsley
big handful of chopped spinach
big handful chopped chard
2 large leaves Lacinato kale

.

1 comment:

michele said...

we tried out eltana this morning!