Sunday, March 20, 2011

Vegan Snacks

.
I love the organic, raw and vegan food goodies from House of the Sun. Their creations can be found at the Ballard farmers market and the Madison Market co-op store (not sure where else). I first discovered them when I was on a kale chip kick. Theirs might be the best I've had. Lately I've been obsessed with their Green Dragon Hummus and Jalapeno Crackers. It's a perfect afternoon snack, and it's organic, raw and vegan to boot!


Green Dragon Hummus--Sprouted garbanzo beans, Artisana tahini, fresh squeezed lemon and lime juices, cold-pressed evoo, jalapeno, cilantro and spices.

Jalapeno Crackers - Sprouted sunflower seeds, sprouted buckwheat groats, red bell peppers, jalapenos, zucchini, carrots, Brazil nuts, onion, limes, flax seeds, spices, sea salt

Kale-Collard-Zucchini Chips--Kale, collards and zucchini skins are tossed in a red bell pepper-lemon sauce and dehydrated. The results are a wonderfully flavorful and healthy snack.

No comments: