Monday, March 7, 2011

Yummy White Pizza

.
. before...
.
after...

Build-Your-Own-Pizza-Bar was such a hit Friday night that I was excited to use the leftovers last night and have friends/family over to share in the fun. My daughter and niece loved rolling out the dough and applying all their toppings. There was flour everywhere but the mess was worth the fun for the girls and the look on their faces when they saw their baked pizza creations come out of the oven.

My sister-in-law is partial to white pizzas and made a great one. I didn't miss the sauce at all on this bad boy. It was deeeeelicious (especially the bites with the garlic). I might even make it again tonight because yes, I am going for round three! (You can call me crazy because I am crazy!)


Al's Yummy White Pizza

Dough (I buy the pre-made dough at Whole Foods)
Olive oil
Shredded mozzarella
Fresh mozzarella (she brought mini balls for her salad that were great on the pizza too)

Provolone cheese (I buy slices and break them up)
Ricotta cheese
Mushrooms, sliced
Canadian bacon, cut into small pieces
Garlic, sliced paper thin


Place pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500. Sprinkle a work surface, rolling pin and pizza dough with flour and roll out dough to thin pizzas. (I never worry about the shape of the pizzas. I don't know that I've ever rolled out a circle. They're usually rectangle, triangle, or a big blob - but they all taste great!) Sprinkle the bottom side of a cookie sheet with cornmeal and a little flour (to prevent the dough from sticking) and transfer rolled-out dough onto it. Brush dough with olive oil. Top with four cheeses, Canadian bacon, mushrooms and garlic. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven and reduce heat to 450. Sprinkle pizza stone with cornmeal and then slide pizza onto the stone CAREFULLY. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove and carefully transfer to a wood cutting board to slice. Bon appetite!

.

No comments: