Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Brunch

.
Photo courtesy of Chili und Ciabatta


My hubby has gotten really into making breakfast lately. I don't know if it's the kids, or the Sears Pancake Mix, that first got him excited about cooking breakfast, but I am happy as can be to have weekend mornings off-duty in the food department (despite my tendency to micro-manage certain steps of his preparations, though not proud that I do it).

Yesterday he planned a special Easter breakfast that knocked my socks off. He made the best French toast I think I've ever had. He used a basic recipe for French Toast (using milk instead of half & half because it's what we had) with a secret weapon.... the amazing raisin brioche bread from Macrina Bakery. It made the best French toast ever. He served it with bacon from Skagit River Ranch and fruit. Happy Easter to my belly!

If you live in Seattle and can get your hands on the bread, try making French toast with it. Or even just get a loaf to have for toast with some butter. It's delicious.
..

No comments: