Monday, May 2, 2011

Right Up My Alley: Organic Pork & Vegetable Potstickers

/

I polished off my fourth jar of Ayako & Family plum jam today. I couldn't replenish my supply at Nettletown because they aren't open on Monday so in a panic (you know me and my breakfast obsessions) I called the number on the jar to find out where I could buy it today. Ayako was the sweetest lady and during our conversation about my love of her jam, she told me that she also specializes in handmade Japanese Pork Gyoza (potstickers). Her ingredients include sustainable organic pork from Rain Shadow Meats in Melrose Market and vegetables from Mair Farm-Taki. She is currently selling them at Rain Shadow Meats.

So, you can guess where I was this afternoon, picking up her jam from Marigold & Mint and potstickers from Rain Shadow Meats. Local, homemade, organic potstickers are so up my alley. They were the perfect side for my dinner tonight (more on that shortly). Keep your eye out for Ayako's products at local Seattle businesses and at the University Farmers Market on Saturdays.

No comments: