Friday, June 24, 2011

Almost Vegan Robbcakes

.

.
I just made Robbcakes with a few minor adjustments. I used coconut milk instead of milk and peanut butter instead of butter. They would be vegan if it weren't for the egg. They were healthy and delicious. They aren't your basic pancake so don't think you're getting some light and fluffy restaurant pancake. They are dense and healthy but for some reason my kids and I love them. The syrup makes them sweet so that's why the kids will gobble them up.

Almost Vegan Robbcakes

Buckwheat pancake mix
1 egg
2 tsp canola oil
2 tsp honey
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup tolled oats
coconut oil
peanut butter
syrup

Mix first 5 ingredients until smooth, then add a handful of rolled oats. Cook pancakes on a hot grill with coconut oil. Top with peanut butter and syrup.

* I usually make Robbcakes with bananas but I didn't use them today. They weren't as sweet but they were still good.
.

No comments: