We decided to have a little dinner party with two vegan friends and one very un-vegan friend. The plan was to make a vegan dinner, but have some beef burgers on hand too. Here was the delicious vegan smorgasbord we whipped up...
Gwyneth's homemade veggie burgers *
- Served with Bubbies bread & butter pickles, pickled jalapenos, and veganaise.
- I used Earth Balance vegan butter on the buns before toasting them on the grill.
Grilled corn on the cobb
- Before I grill it I shuck it, brush with olive oil, then sprinkle with a mixture I prepare with chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin and paprika.
- Tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper before grilling.
- I bought the frozen ones and they did the trick.
- My friend Marly made a great salad from Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet cookbook.
* I love love LOVE these veggie burgers. I love them so much I ate four over the weekend (Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, Sunday lunch). The toppings really take it to the next level. Love the spicy and sweet combo.