Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Veganize It

.
Over two years ago I posted a recipe for a great asparagus appetizer I learned from my mother-in-law. It's been a hit every time I've made it. Last night I decided to veganized it by using Follow Your Heart Organic Veganaise instead of Best Foods Mayonnaise. You would never know the difference. Still just as good. Still a hit at the party.

I didn't follow the recipe exactly, so these are rough estimates for the veganized version. Start with the measurements below, then adjust to your liking. You don't want any one ingredient to stand out too much.

Veganized Asparagus Appetizer

3/4 c organic veganaise
3 t soy sauce

2 t wasabi paste
½ - 1 t sugar
3 t fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 or 2 bunches asparagus
.
Boil water and cook asparagus for 2 minutes. Remove and let cool. Mix other ingredients together to make dip. Serve asparagus cold or room temp with sauce.
.

No comments: