Thursday, July 14, 2011

White Sangria

/
(cute bartenders shown here with a batch of my white sangria)


This past weekend my husband and I hosted a fiesta party in our new backyard. A fiesta just isn't a fiesta without sangria and it turned out to be the hit of the party. I opted for white sangria to prevent red wine stains and I'm happy I did. Two many glasses of this sangria and next thing you know it's a 1:00 in the morning dance party USA complete with break dancing and old high-school cheer stunts. ("One, two, down, up!" Thanks to those who stayed late night for that! The best of times!)

My friend Sarah got me this recipe for white sangria and then we had fun messing around with it. A little more of this, a little more of that....

1st Annual Terpening Fiesta White Sangria

Rough measurements...

4-6 cups chopped cantaloupe
4 cups pitted cherries (I used Rainier because I liked the color)
2 oranges, sliced thin
3 lemons, sliced thin
4-5 bottles white wine * (I think I used 4 1/2)
1.5 containers frozen lemonade concentrate
1/2 - 1 cup triple sec

Combine everything but the triple sec in a large container and let sit overnight. The day of, add the triple sec and dilute the sangria a bit with 4 or 5 cups of ice. Serve over ice with a festive stir-stick and have fun!

* I used La Vieille Ferme white wine which cost about $9/bottle..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what did you serve?

Trish said...

What type of white wine did you use? Would you recommend that or something else?

Colleen Terpening said...

We hired a taco truck and I bought and made a few great summer salads. I used La Vieille Ferme white wine which cost about $9/bottle. More details on the party to come! :)