Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Over Cocktails Readers!


Last year I hosted my first ever Thanksgiving dinner. Of course I took photos so I could blog all about it, and then I put it off and put it off and put it off. A year later and I still don't have the recipes merged and ready to post, but I thought I'd share my photos.

The Table






 The Kids Table

I drew circles for plates and put crayons out so they could draw pretend food before it was time to eat. 


Thanksgiving morning

Everything is prepped and ready to go


 Murphy Bird 
.
(My uncle gave me the recipe along with lots of advice and guidance so I named the turkey "Murphy Bird" since that's his last name and my maiden name). This year we're eating Murphy Bird II.
/

//
Thanksgiving dinner is served!

(Buffet style, of course, since we're casual folks)

All the usual suspects plus a few Murphy additions

The Menu

Turkey with apple sausage stuffing
(might I add that I made my own sausage!)
Twice baked mashed potatoes
Grand Marnier yams
Lumpia (Filipino eggrolls)
Black bean spare ribs
White rice
Green salad
Corn & pea casserole 
Rolls
Cranberry sauce


Dinner is ready, candles are lit. Time to grab a plate, serve up and enjoy!
/

/
Have a Happy Happy Thanksgiving! Be grateful for this day, good food, your health, family and friends!
.

.

No comments: