Thursday, November 3, 2011

High Off The Juice

.

I started to do the math and realized I was spending a buttload of money on juice. I was addicted and had an almost daily fix at Healeo or Thrive. It was getting expensive and annoying to have to coordinate my day around traffic or cafe hours. So, it was time to bite the bullet and get my own juicer.

I did a bunch of research, and then as if the Juice Angels above knew I was looking for direction, I met a nice couple at Thrive who were on a juice cleanse. They had done a ton of research on juicers and told me all about them. I ended up learning even more from their blog Hairy Burrito which is quite interesting to read and follow. I went with their advice and got the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer.

I couldn't be happier with my new juicer. The first day I was juicing like crazy. I whipped up three different flavors in an hour and was storing them in mason jars in my fridge. I couldn't get enough. I felt like a million bucks. I was on fire. I've never had so much energy or excitement in my life. A few days later I went to my naturopath for acupuncture and told her how I was feeling. She informed me that I was on a three day sugar high. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. That explains it. I guess I was adding a bit too much fruit to my juices, but they tasted so damn good.

Anyway, now I've cut back and have a juice a day if I have the chance. I still feel amazing when I drink it, but I make sure to have it with meals, and not in-between them because of the sugar rush. It's a great way to feel healthy and get some extra fruits and veggies in your diet. I will show off some photos of my juices asap. Until then, get your butt to Thrive or Healeo and try out some of their amazing juices. They are addicting!

This juicer is easy to assemble, easy to use and easy to clean.
.

No comments: