Friday, December 9, 2011

Cool Casual





My friend Jennie and I found these paper placemats and went nuts for them. They're genius, right?! I like to set a pretty table but I also love a casual vibe. What better way to accomplish both than setting the table with cute paper placemats?!

For Halloween I used a white tablecloth and some fun decorative pumpkins down the middle of the table. The pumpkins had little sparkly balls so they paired perfectly with the polka dot paper placemats. I had cute napkins from the same company (the ones with the fork, spoon, and knife) and that was it. No glassware - people always have a drink in hand anyway. No silverware - I put it by the plates for when people dished themselves up. No flowers. No frills. I thought the table looked really cute and it took me less than 5 minutes to throw together.

I love the different styles and can think of lots of ways to use them. Next time I'm going to use the last one and write in names so it's a placemat and a placecard. Super simple, super cute.

I think these make a fun and unique hostess gift as well so I grabbed a few extra sets. We'll see if I can part with them though.

You can find these at Stuhlbergs on Queen Anne (best gift store ever!) and The Paper Source in University Village.

.

No comments: