Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chocolate Banana Muffins: Breakfast or Dessert?

/


I say both!

One of my very first blog posts, just a few weeks into starting Over Cocktails, was Going Bananas about making a few different recipes for banana muffins. Last night I got the itch for banana muffins and as usual, I couldn't make them just one way.

My friend Jennie said that she puts chocolate chips in her banana bread so I thought I'd try that with the muffins. I used the Epicurious recipe for Banana Macadamia Nut Muffins. I pulled some batter right before adding the nuts and used chocolate chips instead. When they came out of the oven and those chocolate chips were warm and oozing, they were deeeeeeeelicious. A perfect dessert. They were still delicious this morning served cold with coffee. A perfect breakfast. I did the rest with macadamia nuts like the recipe calls for and the kids gobbled those up for breakfast. Going forward I will always split the recipe. It's fun to have both nutty and sweet.
.

No comments: