Monday, April 30, 2012

Operation Pantry Cleanout: 30 Minute Meal with Frozen Pasta

.
I love buying frozen pasta from Pasteria Lucchese at the Ballard market or from Delaurenti in Pike Place Market. The trouble is I buy one here, two there, another here, and now I have 12 stocked up in the freezer. My freezer is part of my food hoarding problem so it's part of "Operation Pantry Cleanout". I'm now making my way through the frozen containers of various pastas one meal at a time.

Round 1: Cauliflower Ravioli with Browned Butter & Sage

I wasn't sure what to do with the cauliflower ravioli I bought from Delaurenti so I called down to the store and one of the guys gave me several ideas. I settled on browned butter and sage because that's what I had in the fridge and it was effortless. Once the butter is melted you throw in some sage, then continue until browned. Take off the heat. Meanwhile, boil your pasta, then toss with the butter and sage. It took no time to make and was delicious! I can't wait to re-stock with the Cauliflower Ravioli once I hammer out 11 more pasta dinners.

I served it with grilled asparagus from the farmers market and this easy kale caesar. This dinner was so fast and easy, but more importantly, delicious.
/

No comments: