Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Halibut with Ginger and Soy Sauce


I was looking for a new way to prepare halibut so I reached out to a few friends and got some great replies. My friend Erika said that she always cooks it with a ginger and soy sauce marinade. Sounded perfect. It reminded me of my chicken rice recipe so I referenced that recipe as well. It turned out great. My husband, kids and guest loved it.

Erika grills her halibut on the BBQ but it was raining quite hard so I just roasted it. Next time I'd love to try it on the BBQ, and maybe boil the sauce for a minute so you can spoon it over the fish.

I served it with white rice, my uncle's asparagus and my hubby's cabbage.

Halibut with Ginger and Soy Sauce

1-1.5lb halibut fillet
1 lime
extra sliced green onion

Marinade:

1/3 cup soy
2 t sesame oil
3 T minced ginger
3 T minced garlic
3 T thinly sliced green onions
freshly ground black pepper

Remove skin and rinse fish. Combine ingredients and then marinate fish for 30 minutes to an hour.

Preheat oven to 450.

Transfer fish and sauce to a small oven safe dish and add juice from one lime. (I didn't do this earlier because you don't want the citrus to cook the fish.)

Cook for 8-10 minutes depending on thickness. I flipped it halfway through but might not be necessary.

Serve with white rice. Spoon sauce over fish and rice, then sprinkle with more green onion.
.

No comments: