Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Great New Salad Recipe



Photo credit: 101 Cookbooks


Last night I had red butter lettuce in the fridge but no plan for a salad. I had some toasted almonds and Kalamatas left over from my orzo pasta and an orange so I did a little googling and came across this recipe for a Butter Lettuce Sunshine Salad. I used her dressing, minus the parmesan and voila, a delicious new salad. This makes more than enough dressing so you'll have some for the next night too.

Butter Lettuce Salad with Orange, Almonds and Kalamata Olives

red butter lettuce
orange slices, torn into pieces
sliced almonds, toasted
red onion, sliced paper thin
kalamata olives, cut in half


Dressing

Zest and juice of 1 orange
1 T minced shallot
1 T white wine vinegar

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

No comments: