Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pasta with Mama Lil's & Artichoke Hearts


I had some Lagana Foods Campanelle pasta in the fridge that I needed to use but nothing planned for dinner. I was craving something like the Pasta alla Amanda I posted recently but didn't have any fresh peppers on hand. I did have half a jar of Mama Lil's pickled peppers though and a jar of artichoke hearts that had been lurking around for weeks so I decided to make up my own pasta. I'm glad I got creative because it was delicious and easy. I will definitely make it again.

It was a bit spicy so I used some of the noodles for a kid pasta. If you want to use a full package of pasta noodles then I would increase the amounts of the other ingredients.

Stay tuned for a photo.

Pasta with Mama Lil's & Artichoke Hearts

2/3 lb fresh pasta
2 T olive oil
1 medium shallot, minced
4 cloves of garlic, sliced paper thin
sprinkle of red pepper flakes
6.5oz jar of artichoke hearts, strained and cut in half
1/2 jar of Mama Lil's peppers with oil
Salt & pepper

1 cup freshly grated Parmesan (or more, actually - always more)
1/2 cup feta

Bring a large pot of water to a boil.

Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute shallots for a minute or two. Add garlic and saute for several minutes, stirring occasionally and making sure not to burn. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. When the garlic is cooked and just starting to brown on the edges but nothing more than that, add the artichoke hearts. Stir to combine, then add the peppers with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes to let flavors meld.

Cook noodles according to directions, then strain and add to the pan with the sauce. Stir to combine, then stir in parmesan and feta. Serve hot with an extra sprinkle of feta on top.

No comments: